The SouthWest Imaging Council Scholarship was created to encourage and aid the study of Diagnostic Imaging. If you wish to apply for this scholarship, please fill out the SWIC scholarship application.
OFFICIAL NAME: SOUTHWEST IMAGING COUNCIL SCHOLARSHIP
FUNDING SOURCE: Scholarships Are Awarded From Treasury Funds.
AMOUNT OF SCHOLARSHIPS: Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00) Each
- An applicant must be member of SouthWest Imaging Council in one of the following categories: Active Members, Student Members, or Volunteer Member ei. Board Members, Officers, and Reps (Student Membership Is Free).
- The decision of the Scholarship Committee shall be based upon the applicant meeting the established criteria. The scholarship committee consists of SouthWest Imaging Council Board Members and Officers.
- The scholarship is available for any Diagnostic Imaging student whether they are currently enrolled in a radiological technology program or they are a student pursuing graduate work in CT, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, PET, Radiation Therapy, Ultrasound, or any other Diagnostic Imaging modality.
- The scholarship is for $500.00 (unless matched by outside donor) and will be given in one lump sum.
- Applicant must submit:
- A written letter of necessity to the scholarship committee from the applicant.
- A letter of recommendation from a Diagnostic Imaging Professor or Technologist.
- Proof (via transcripts) of maintaining a passing grade with a GPA of at least 2.5
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Applications will begin to be accepted at the February Seminar and must be submitted no later than the July Seminar. Award Checks and Scholarship Certificates will be awarded at the September Seminar. Recipient must accept the Scholarship Awards in person at the September Seminar.
Click Here To Download The Scholarship Application